World Bank, the World Land Tool Network, UN-HABITAT, the League of Arab States and the Arab Space Survey Federation, will be pleased to announce the first Arab Land Management Conference hosted by the Department of Land and Property in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 26-28 February 2018 .
The aim of the conference is to share knowledge, promote regional cooperation, develop capacity and innovation in land management and real estate reform to promote social and economic development in the Arab region.
The conference will be sponsored by the Government of Dubai and the League of Arab States. Ministers, high-level government officials, professionals, academics, representatives of the private sector, donor agencies and representatives of civil society are expected to attend the conference.
The main topics and presentations of the Conference are focused on the Arab region as follows :
: You can download a detailed description of the main topics of the conference here: Main Placements
- 1. Access to land for sustainable business and investment
- 2. Housing and land policy
- 3. New technologies to support land registration systems, property and property valuation policies and taxes
- 4. Education, research and capacity-building in land policy, regulation and management
- 5. Protect the land and property rights of IDPs and refugees in order to facilitate the reconstruction process
- 6. Protection of women's rights in land
Source: Arab Land Conference
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.